There’s a lot of work to do in fundraising, especially at this time of year!
So you will want to spend your energy wisely.
Not just wisely though; compassionately and encouragingly as well.
- DO ask your faithful donors for yearend gifts
- DO make it easy for donors to give in a way that is convenient for them.
- DON’T make your donors jump through hoops because it makes your job easier
- DO thank all your donors in a timely manner
- DO let your donors know how they are changing the world through their giving
- DO honour your donors’ mailing preferences
- DON’T try to convince those who are not interested in your cause to support you. DO encourage them to pursue and give to the causes they are passionate about.
- DON’T ask again, if you haven’t said thank you
- DON’T bully or use guilt to keep a donor who has indicated they can no longer support you. DO thank them for all they’ve done in the past and wish them well.
In a nutshell, treat donors as you would loved ones. Remember that not everyone likes your cause and that there are many worthy causes out there for donors to support. There’s enough to go around.
I would love to hear your tips for healthy donor relationships. Please leave them in the comment section below.
The purpose of this blog is to facilitate discussions that will help us all to better engage with our communities. Your participation and feedback are most welcomed and valued. Please join the discussion below.