“Little by little, one travels far.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
A task so important to you that the thought of not achieving it, was unbearable?
If you’re like me, it can paralyze you if you don’t deconstruct it into manageable pieces.
How to tackle an impossible, massive, heavy, looming task
- Picture the final outcome. How does it feel? What are people saying about it?
- What are the top 3 objectives/barriers you need to achieve/overcome?
- List tasks under each objective/barrier to take you where you need to go.
- Run it under the noses of people you trust, particularly those who think differently than you.
- Tweak and modify your tasks.
- Take them on, one step at a time and start with the hardest ones.
The smallest steps today can help you chip away at your task. Before you know it, momentum takes on a life of its own and you are well on your way.
Doing something is always better than doing nothing.
Are you facing a massive, heavy, looming task? What small step can you take today to get the ball rolling?
The purpose of this blog is to facilitate discussions that will help us all to better engage with our communities. Your participation and feedback are most welcomed and valued. Please join the discussion below.
**Today’s post was originally written and posted on November 16, 2014 at TALKTODIANA**