I’d rather have a life of “OH WELLS” than a life of “WHAT IFS.”
Because it’s easier for me to take my lumps in ‘oh wells’ than it is to take them in ‘what ifs.’ I’d rather try and fail than not try and forever wonder.
I am reminded of a post I’d read months ago (link below) about the regrets people have on their deathbed…
…and my thoughts about the areas I needed to work on; areas I have been consciously and unconsciously working on since reading the article.
According to Bronnie Ware the Top 5 regrets people have on their deathbed are:
1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself.
2. I wish I didn’t work so hard.
3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
To read more on Bronnie’s thoughts see Nurse reveals the top 5 regrets people make on their deathbed
Which of the above points resonate with you? What are you doing about it?
The purpose of this blog is to facilitate discussions that will help us all to better engage with our communities. Your participation and feedback are most welcomed and valued. Please join the discussion below.